If a family member or loved one is unable to make decisions for themselves, then it may be necessary for someone else to act on that person’s behalf.  An important component of estate planning, in general, is to consider making these kinds of decisions for yourself, using tools like durable and/or medical powers of attorney, trusts, or joint ownership of assets.  However, if these methods are unavailable, then you may have to consider taking legal action by petitioning the court to be appointed as the incapacitated person’s guardian and/or conservator.  The attorneys at Inosencio & Fisk, PLLC, appreciate that this can be a very sensitive topic for individuals and families.  We have the knowledge and experience necessary to help you understand the options that may be available to you and will work with you to implement a plan of action that addresses your particular situation.

If you have any questions or concerns regarding an issue involving guardianships and conservatorships, please do not hesitate to contact Inosencio & Fisk, PLLC, at (517) 796-1444.

Comments are closed.